Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Afternoon Delight at Fuji Burger

Well well well, what do we have here?

Could it be, another installment of the saliva inducing segment known as Afternoon Delight?

Why yes it is my carnivorous friend so stop gnawing at your calf and mosey on up to the computer screen while I push in your stool because this one is sure to grab your attention.

While driving around this afternoon contemplating what it was I wanted to stuff my face with I ran through the options in my head:

First I thought why not a sandwich, maybe a nice teriyaki chicken on squaw. Sounded nice, appetizing even, but my mind kept racing.

Next I thought why not just a regular burger. Maybe the classic double-double, no lettuce, no tomato, onions, mustard on the bun and some chopped chilies. mmmmmmmmm, that still sounds good, but that wasn't it.

And then it came to me. It was obvious. Why had it taken this long in the first place, how could I have wasted two tanks of gas driving in circles contemplating when it was right in front of my eyes. Combine the two. Yes that's right. The Teriyaki Burger with Avocado. Oh yes, I thought, she will be mine.

(Fuji's Avocado Teriyaki Burger)

Just look at her up there, those perfect teriyakied buns glistening in the sun, taunting you, asking you to rub more teriyaki on her hard to reach places.

(The insides)

Here we are halfway through and taking a time out to enjoy the perfect combination of teriyaki marinated burger, cheese, lettuce, and our very own California avocados.

(I want another)

And so I leave you with the final bite and with it the perfect combination of East meets West in an atomic explosion of taste.

Sayounara friends, and don't forget to fix your hair because you've just experienced another segment of, Afternoon Delight.



Drop Burgers Not Bombs

Wasted On Steak

No comments:

Post a Comment